Monday 22 December 2008

Excess

The excesses of the season have finally kicked in. Friday was our 'office' lunch at Carluccio's which was rather nice and not a slice of overcooked turkey in sight! We had friends round on Saturday night and I cooked smoked gammon for the very first time (boiled then glazed and roast) and it was utterly delicious, and I'll definitely do it again. 

Sunday was our annual champagne and lobster lunch with friends, they put on a magnificent spread of lobster, crab, prawns, smoked salmon, gravadlax, assorted mayonnaise, sour dough bread, caviar with vodka, then a salad course, then prune and Armagnac tart, mince pies and chocolates. All washed down with indecent amounts of Champagne (2 magnums) and a healthy selection of the six bottles of Prosecco my mother supplied. It was splendid. I was very glad indeed to get to the gym this morning to undo a little of the damage!


Bicycle!Bicycle!Bicycle



And there was also a Treasury West by Jan featuring my Mansion House print. Thanks Jan!

The Children are Overstimulated
by Jan Morales Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for my newsletter for updates and offers - http://bit.ly/dQVCq5