Thursday 10 January 2008

First shots in my home studio





Today was momentous as we set up our brand new set of lights and had an experiment with some still life subjects. The lights are a pretty straightforward constant lighting system as we thought that leaping straight into a flash setup might be asking for trouble, if we graduate to that in the future, these lights will still be useful.


The lights themselves were a real struggle to put together and I think that we'll have to find somewhere for them to live with their shades on as it will waste far too much time to have to put them together each time.

I shot quite a few pics using my wide angle and then my 50mm, both on and off the tripod. I'm quite pleased with the results and have uploaded this selection to iStock to see if they get accepted....fingers crossed.

I'll need to come up with a list of subjects to shoot to make the most of my time as it's a fiddly process.

The kit came with a white cat basket which apparently is the bees knees for shooting, I have yet to set that up, but it looks like it might be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for my newsletter for updates and offers - http://bit.ly/dQVCq5