Friday 23 April 2010

Shopping List 2 - A bit of an odd lunch with a chocolatey dessert.

This is a bit of a random collection of items, there's no obvious plan here, the person who made it certainly likes their fruit.  And onions!  Perhaps they're trying to loose some weight and the chocolate bars are there as a treat?

If I were to be given the items on this list, here's what I'd do with them (assuming that I have a stocked larder and fridge with all the usual cooking bits and pieces).

As a starter, I think some prawns with a low fat yogert dressing with some fresh herbs stirred through, nice and simply, and served on a bed of shredded lettuce.

I'd bone and skin the chicken thighs, marinate with olive oil, garlic and lemon juice and fry them in a hot pan until nice and brown round the edges.

To accompany the chicken, I'd roast about half of the 20 omon (I'm assuming that's onions) as I really like them this way - remove the skins and cut into half through the stalk and then in quarters still through the stalk so they don't fall apart.  Carefully mix with olive oil and unpeeled cloves of garlic and some rosemary stalks.  Spread out on a roasting tray and roast in a hot oven until browned but still soft.  Turn over a couple of times.  Drizzle with good quality balsamic vinegar when they've cooled a little.

I think that I'd melt the dark cho bar - 7% and the cho bar with some butter and an egg yolk to make a nice smooth dipping sauce for the clemtains (clementines?), kiwi and melon - both I'd chop this rather random selection of fruit into nice size pieces and using the 70s style cocktail sticks pierce the fruit and arrange it artfully on a platter with the chocolate sauce - everyone likes fruit dipped in chocolate.  The pomegranate seeds will be served in a bowl to add a little glamour to the proceedings.

The cola will be there for those who have no taste in drinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for my newsletter for updates and offers - http://bit.ly/dQVCq5