Wednesday 29 September 2010

It's the UK Sellers Silly Sale Promotion.

Well it will be soon!  The Silly Sale is a great new promotion being proposed by some enterprising UK based Etsy sellers and the idea is to offer crazy deals (whatever you want, buy one get one free, free postage, % off etc) on old stock, ends of lines and so on basically to have an end of year clear out whilst making a bit of extra dosh! for 24 hours starting at 7pm on Friday 8th October.  There will be epic amounts of promotion all over the place to lure in lots of buyers.

I haven't decided what to offer yet, but I have made a new shop section called uk silly sales specialsI have a few matted prints to get rid of as well as quite a few one off prints which I didn't like for some reason and decided not to sell, they can go, I also have packs of made up card blanks and envelopes which I don't use any more, so there's a few things.  What discounts to offer? that's a tricky one.  With the lack of batch editing, it's a very off-putting thought to have to individually edit a hundred or so items to offer free posting or a shop wide discount - perhaps I can refund after the sale's been made, but that might not seem so tempting to buyers.  Buy one Get one Free would be good and that would be an easy refund to make, or maybe a refund wouldn't be necessary, if the customer buys a listing and then leaves a 'message to seller' to say what else they'd like.  Mmmm, that sounds good - Buy one print and get one  the same value free - would that tempt you, a (£22.50) $35 print for nothing?

I'll get my act together over the next couple of days and start tagging, add this lovely little badge to my banner and all the other Tweeting, Facebooking stuff that's involved too.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for my newsletter for updates and offers - http://bit.ly/dQVCq5