Sunday 28 June 2009

Sourdough 4a

As I've managed to kill off my previously productive starter, I've started all over again.

I'm using the recipe in the River Cottage Bread Handbook by Daniel Steven which seems to be a nice no nonsense series of instructions. He was also on the telly last week with his jar of lively starter and an inexperienced baker who took to sourdough like a duck to water which all seemed very encouraging to this inexperienced baker!

So here's what I did:
150g Organic whole rye flour
250ml (1 cup) spring water at 40 degrees

All in a bowl and attacked with my electric hand whisk for about five mins.
In to the plastic tub, lid on.

Have a look before bed.

If it's happy and bubbling, repeat as above.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for my newsletter for updates and offers - http://bit.ly/dQVCq5