Monday 4 May 2009

Sourdough - Day 4.

Hmmm, the lovely bubbles from yesterday seem to have vanished to be replaced by what looks like the 'greyish liquid' mentioned in yesterdays instructions. Perhaps I'm running a day behind schedule because of the reduced temperature?

Today's offering looked rather unimpressive, but I duly followed the instructions.


Day 4
25g Wholemeal (dark) rye flour
50g Water at 40 degrees C
225g Starter from previous day

Add the fresh flour and water.

Apparently tomorrow it should have bubbled up and subsided and smell fruity. I'm not convinced, but remain hopeful that the magic will happen!

It's now sitting on the work surface near the oven which currently contains a happily roasting duck so I'm hoping that a bit of duck influenced heat might give it a bit of a boost.


Progress so far
Day 1
Day 2

Day 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for my newsletter for updates and offers - http://bit.ly/dQVCq5