Saturday 2 May 2009

A Two Treasury Start to the Day.

I woke up to two lovely and cheery Treasuries this morning:

I've been in one of Quercus' selections before - do pop over to her shop to have a look at here beautiful and unusual pieces like these gorgeous resin and silver earrings:


Orange and Turquoise Thankyou
by Illusio

Another UK based Curator, Illusio is Lorrie from West Sussex which is one of my favourite places - my grandparents lived in Hove, Horsham and Worthing so I spent many long school holidays in the beautiful Sussex countryside and in particular loved getting my bike out after lunch and heading to the seafront to eat ice cream from my favourite ice cream van, sometimes I'd take my sketch book, I'd always take whatever book I was reading and stretch out my little outings for as long as possible! We almost moved to a tiny little village called Climping from our North London home when I was 14ish which would have been amazing as there was a fabulous beach literally at the end of the road with a posh hotel for teas and cocktails and the whole of the beautiful Sussex coastline at our fingertips. Unfortunately it didn't happen as the house needed major structural work, so we carried on our lives in London heading to the coast for visits instead.....Anyway enough reminiscing! Lorries shop is very eclectic with illustrations, canvas painting, photography. I rather like this piece:

Tribal $3.50

Thanks to both of you for featuring my art in your Treasuries!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much indeed for the great feedback on my Treasury, and for the feature also. I was very interested reading your Blog. I do in fact live between Chichester and Bognor now in a village called Barnham, which is a stones throw from Climping Beach. We go there a lot. If you are interested, here are some recent pics to inspire some nostalgia...

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/illusio/

    Lorrie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome treasuries and your pics fit right in beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Sign up for my newsletter for updates and offers - http://bit.ly/dQVCq5